Monday, December 10, 2012

Our Christmas Home Tour 2012

Welcome to our Christmas home!

My DIY Burlap Door Hanger. It was my first and I can't wait to make more for other holidays.
 

I've got my Christmas Cottage Scentsy burning and the Christmas station on Pandora...Come on in!

Our Tree
My Pinterest inspired tree skirt. Took me forever, but I love how it turned out.
 
 
This is my newest addition!
I won him in Dirty Santa on Friday night at our Sunday School party and I just love him!
I mean, how could you not love a sparkly skiing penguin?! Ha!
 
 
Our Mantle
 
When it comes to decorating for Christmas, obviously my motto is more is more! Ha! I like a lot of "stuff" on my tree and mantle, but I don't like to spend a lot. You really don't have to.
 
Places like The Dollar Tree, Big Lots, Dollar General, Hobby Lobby, Cracker Barrel and Walmart are great places to find inexpensive ornaments. I buy my sparkly branches at Hobby Lobby when they are on sale and my topper never looks the same two years in a row.
 
 Sams always has the cutest ribbon and mesh for way less than your decorating stores and boutiques. I also am really into oversized ornaments, which add more bang for your buck. I found mine at Walmart.
 
I do like to shop places like Christmas Village, Pier 1 and a few boutiques for some of my nicer ornaments, but I've found if you layer those on after your other more inexpensive ornaments and balls, they become the focus and stand out more. 
  
Living Room
 
I have some exciting ideas for this wall after Christmas! I am thinking maybe a collage wall and giving that table a makeover...
Another Pinterest idea. I used to keep my cards inside a little Christmas mailbox, but this way they are out where everyone can look at them.
 
Bathroom
 
Monogrammed soaps just make me happy!
 
Kitchen
I don't put many decorations in the kitchen because I honestly don't want to have to move them every time I cook. I did add a few touches here and there.
 
Cooper's Nursery

Cooper loved looking at the big tree so much, I decided to put one up in his nursery. It's just a little 4' pre-lit and I tied on some fun ribbon that was actually on the diaper cake from my baby shower and some burlap.  Then I added all his 1st Christmas ornaments and some keepsakes. I topped it with his "My First Christmas" hat that I found at Hobby Lobby. It looks so cute on him. I can't wait to show y'all!

I thought it turned out pretty cute!

 
 
Y'all know a post is never complete without a picture of my favorite Boy!
Cooper says MERRY CHRISTMAS Ladies!
 
 
 
Merry Christmas!
Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing all of your Christmas homes!
 
 
 
Linking up with...
 
Kelly at Kellys Korner
 
Becky @ FromMrsToMama
 
Katie @ NFP and Me
 
 
 
 
 
 
*Outdoor decor post coming soon (it's been up, I just keep forgetting to take pictures :/)!
 
 

Christmas Tree Contest

37 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful home! Love all your Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! LOVE your Christmas decor! Girl you put my house to shame :) Returning your follow from the link-up!

    xoxo,

    Tiffany
    keepingupwithtiffany.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Tree!! Love it! You did a great job on your door hanger too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gah! Your house looks like something out of Southern Living! Your Christmas decor is amazing!! And everyhting looks so clean and organized... Ho do you do it all?! Come HELP ME!!!

    P.S. I tried your bang trick this morning... and it worked! ;) Thanks sooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad. It's the only way mine will behave. :)

      Delete
  5. I love your tree! The colors are so fun and festive! Your tree skirt is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. coming over from Honey We're Home Tree Party. I love your oversized ornaments. I am wanting the one shaped like presents. .. are those from Walmart too?? Your home looks so happy. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS I want your pics bigger so I can take in every beautiful detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by! The present ornament I found at Hobby Lobby last year. I haven't checked to see if they have them this year, but they always have good stuff. I want my pictures bigger toooo. When I make them extra large it cuts half of them off. Sad! BUT if you click on them it makes them full size :):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree is absolutely beautiful! And I'm going to have to check out a tutorial on how to make that burlap door hanger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl! The door hangers are so easy and cheap to make!Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Cute cute!! Love your tree! Happy 1st Christmas to Cooper and Roll Tide! (I'm in Bham).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) and Roll Tide to you too! (we are in BHam as well)

      Delete
  11. It looks like you did every room this year- wonderful! I bet you'll have a great first Christmas with the baby. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you displayed your Christmas cards. Looking for way to display mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl! Another Pinterest idea. What did we ever do before Pinterest? Ha! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  13. In LOVE with your decorations!!! You have wonderful taste!! Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl and Merry Christmas to y'all :)

      Delete
  14. What a festive tree- and I love the baby one too! Merry Christmas to you! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you and thanks for stopping by! Merry CHRISTmas to you too :):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas for tree decorating - yours are both lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I know I'm a little late, but your decorations are amazing!!! Love that precious nursery tree!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy Cow!! Will you come to TN and decorate my house next Christmas? Your house loved incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I will! Ha! We love TN. It's one of our favorite places to visit. Thanks Girly!

      Delete

Your sweet comments make me smile and I try to respond to each one you leave! Thank you!